Professional Triathlon Coach Paul has been coaching triathletes for over fifteen years.
During that time he has coached athletes to international success. Paul has coached and trained athletes who have qualified for the Hawaii Ironman, qualified for the 70.3 World Championships, won World Age Group Medals and won European Age Group Medals. Lets not forget to mention the countless Personal achievements by individuals who have got the best out of themselves.
As a triathlete Paul has competed in Triathlon for many years locally and still competes today, although mainly to keep fit. Highlights in Triathlon competition have been competing for Great Britain at World and European Age Group Level on several occassions. Prior to taking up Triathlon Paul competed nationally in swimming with swimming personal bests of 56.26 for 100m Freestyle, 1:58.91 for 200m Freestyle and 4:03 for 400m Freestyle.
He is a British Triathlon Level 3 Coach.
Using a individualised method of programming as lead triathlon coach of F4L Triathlon Coaching, Paul will personally oversee each triathlon training program, which in turn will be based around key events and peaks to ensure optimum performance for the athlete at the right time. “Triathlon is a passion, a lifestyle but every individual is different. What works for one athlete really won’t work for another. Triathlon Coaching is a relationship – it has to go two ways, there has to be communication, the athlete has to feedback. I commit myself 100% to my athletes… but I expect that back too.”
Now based in the Perth Hills, Western Australia where he emmigrated with his wife and 11 year old daughter in July 2013. They have just had a baby girl in September 2016.
Favourite quote: “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” (Mark Twain)
- British Triathlon Qualified Coach (Level 3)
- Certified Biomechanics Coach (Level 2)
- Sports Coach UK – Equity in your coaching, Protecting Children, Mentoring Sports Coaches
- Running Sports – A club for all, Volunteer Management
- SAQ Qualified Instructor
- NVQ L2 in Exercise and Fitness
- Amateur Swimming Association Club Coach Award
Coaching and relevant experience:
- Head Coach of F4L Triathlon Coaching
- Head Coach of F4L Triathlon Team (Western Australia)
- Head Coach of Phoenix Triathlon Club (WA)
- Coached extensively for Alnwick District Triathlon Club (UK)
- Lead coach at Tweed Tri Club (UK)
- Swim analysis for NE31 Tri Club (UK)
- Has worked full time as a professional triathlon coach since 2009
Coached athletes to:
- Multiple Qualifiers for Hawaii Ironman
- Multiple Qualifiers for World 70.3 Championships
- GB World Age Group Qualifications 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Australian World Age Group Qualifications 2014 & 2015
- Telstra Series overall podiums
- European Standard Distance Age Group Champion
- European Sprint Distance Age Group Medallists
- World Age Group Duathlon Championship Qualifiers
- 2011 Marbella Middle Distance Triathlon 3rd Female Overall
- 2011 Mallorca 70.3 8th Female Overall (4th in age group)
- 2011 Outlaw Triathlon 8th Overall
- 2011 Ironman Austria age-group finisher
- 2010 World Age Group Championship Qualifiers (Standard / Sprint / 70.3 Distance)
- 2010 Lisbon Triathlon 5th overall
Phone: +61 415 679 232